Teesside Media and Innovation Village
Transforming and restructuring Middlesbrough’s centre to create an iconic regional destination for media, digital, creativity, learning, and leisure.
Among the most ambitious plans for the town centre, the proposed Teesside Media and Innovation Village will transform central Middlesbrough through the development of high quality commercial, cultural, and leisure spaces. This will be located to the west of the town centre and incorporate the bus station site.
The Village will become a regional focal point for cultural entertainment, cinema, bars, cafés, and restaurants, with a firm emphasis on design innovation and iconic architecture appealing to investors, occupiers and visitors alike.
The proposals – drawn up in support of the City of Culture 2025 bid – include the creation of a new bus station, new leisure and cultural facilities, and fresh retail and commercial opportunities.
Combined, this presents a further, long-term opportunity to stimulate the enhancement/further development of vacant/underemployed land in the Cannon Park area.
Key actions 2018 – 2025
- The creation of a welcoming and high quality bus station.
- New leisure and cultural facilities created.
- Improve links and circulation in and around Middlesbrough centre.
- Iconic architecture to enhance public areas.
- Enable new retail and commercial opportunities.
- Support the relocation of Cleveland College of Art and Design.