To support businesses further the government outlined on 1 May a discretionary grants fund.
If you think you may be eligible, it is very important that you read the following information.
We are now inviting eligible businesses to express an interest in the discretionary grant funding by completing the Discretionary Business Grant online form.
The discretionary fund is limited to £1.1 million. Claims will only be paid once the accurate completion of the form including supporting evidence is made. Payment of the discretionary grant will be done on a first come first served basis.
Businesses which can apply
If you are within the following priority list:
- businesses in shared business centre/units
- regular market traders with fixed building costs
- B&Bs which pay Council Tax rather than business rates
- small charities that meet the criteria for Small Business Rate Relief
- employs less than 50 staff.
- can demonstrate a significant drop in income brought about by COVID-19
- has high ongoing fixed costs, e.g. rent
- was trading on or before, 11 March 2020 – businesses trading after this date will not be eligible – even if the rest of the criteria can be met.
- was not eligible for the current schemes (Small Business Grants Fund and Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grants Scheme)
- is in occupation of a property, or part of a property, with a rateable value or annual rent or annual mortgage payments below £51,000
This scheme does not extend to the following businesses:
- Businesses operating from a home address
- Businesses that are eligible for cash grants from any central government COVID-19-related schemes such as:
- Small Business Grant Fund
- Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant
- The Fisheries Response Fund
- Domestic Seafood Supply Scheme (DSSS)
- The Zoos Support Fund
- The Dairy Hardship Fund
Ensure you have all the information requested
All questions on the claim form must be completed and answered. Supporting evidence will be required to be submitted with the claim as directed. Any claims that are incorrectly completed or do not have the relevant information attached will be rejected. You’ll be advised at that point to reclaim.
When can I apply?
If you meet the above criteria, you are invited to submit a claim during the period 28 May 2020 and 18 June 2020. Please note, due to the limited funds, there is no guarantee that every claim will receive funding.
How can I apply?
You can use the Discretionary Business Grant online form to apply.
What happens after I’ve applied?
Once you have submitted your claim, we will assess it against the fund criteria and notify you or your entitlement via payment in the bank.
Payments will not be made before 3 June 2020. If you are entitled to the discretionary grant payment it will be in your bank account no later than 30 June 2020.